Join Our Team and Have a Chance to Grow with Our Company
Since the start of Toupin Construction our crew has been hand-picked and carefully screened for the best possible fit. We believe in educating and promoting from within our company to not only build our success as a company but to help our employees hone their skills so that they too will lead successful careers as craftsmen. We believe our success begins with our employees and their contributions.
Our leadership team supports employees in reaching their full potential through personal and professional development. We help you achieve your career goals through learning and hands on experience. Many of our journeymen started at Toupin as apprentices and worked their way up the ladder.
We would like you to remember that a remodeling company isn’t just the crew out on the front line but also the team members that work in our office. Administrative assistants, designers and salespeople are just as important to make sure our projects run smoothly and deserve just as much recognition in our success.
A Great Place to Work
Toupin Construction, Inc. values its employees and recognizes the need for a safe, productive and healthy work environment. We require that all employees participate in our Drug-Free Workplace and a Background check as a condition of employment.
At Toupin Construction, We Invest in Our Employees
We value our employees, because they are the heart of the company. We know that well-trained and qualified professionals not only offer the best service, they also make our team stronger. We take pride in our crew and have team leaders and employees who have been with us for decades. When you work with us, we help you become the very best.
Working at Toupin Construction Means…
- $12-30 per hour, based on skill set
- Simple IRA (3% Match)
- Vacation Pay
- Paid Field Trips with Your Children
- Ongoing education and training opportunities
- A stable and personal growth-oriented workplace
- A safe workplace
- Encouragement of ideas, opinions, and hard work
Are you frustrated at your current job? Do you have lapses in work or too much time between jobs? Do you want to be part of a growing team?
Toupin Construction has been serving the East Bay Homeowners for the last forty years. We are seeking a candidate with a minimum 5 years field experience working as a lead carpenter. This is a full-time, year-round position with competitive wages. The Lead Carpenter can perform a full range of skilled carpentry and related work as well as motivate the crew. The ideal candidate will be driven, experienced; production focused and can work as part of a team.
Individual must work well as a team, and be able to uphold our reputation as a customer focused organization.
Typical Experience Should Include:
Trim work, Cabinet installation, Window and Door Installation, Rough Framing, Bathrooms, Deck Construction
- To ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication
- To ensure jobsite safety and enforce jobsite rules for the Client, their property and all workers
- To be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, materials, tools and equipment.
- Effective communication skills and organization
- Strong teaching skills and leadership skills
- Extensive rough and finish carpentry skills with superior craftsmanship
- A good working knowledge of related building trades
- Read and interpret paperwork (plans, specifications, change orders and so on); bring questions, discrepancies and unusual conditions to attention of Production Manager
- Coordinate scheduling and details with Production Manage
- Participate in production meetings and jobsite inspections with the Production Manager
- Train apprentices as time allows
- Maintain regular Client contact for duration of project
Special Working Conditions:
Must be in good health with the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Please be willing to provide references if asked.